Lower Elementary Grades (1-3)
Our Lower Elementary Grades (1-3) at Catholic Central School are busy and challenging. Each class has a consistent schedule, which not only focuses on ELA and math, but also gives the students instruction in Religion, Science, Social Studies, and special content areas (Art, PE, Spanish, and Music).
Our students are supported by each of their teachers through differentiated instruction in all curriculum areas.
A typical day includes:
- Small group/individual instruction
- Students read books based on their interests and assessed reading level
- Peer collaboration to support students academically, as well as socially
- Use of technology
- Each classroom is equipped with an interactive board, and has access to iPads/tablets
- Spiritual guidance
- Each day begins with prayer as a school community
- Faith-based instruction is incorporated across all content areas throughout the day